May 16, 2009

Fun with Recycled T-Shirts



As I was making a few more scarves today I was about the throw away the scraps left over from the tops of the T-shirt but felt really guilty for not using it to it's full potential. So...

I made a necklace?? (first photo) I'm not sure what to call it but let me tell you, it feels like a dream when you're wearing it. As if silky soft bunnies decided to take a small nap on the back of my neck. How nice.

Yay or nay?

PS. I've discovered a new favorite way to wear my multistrand t-shirt scarf. (second photo) I love all the different layers in this look. Just loop a few strands around your neck and play around with them until you achieved this style.

PPS. I slaved away all day and made this American Apparel Le Sac inspired dress that I'm wearing. My first home made clothing item! Turned out not too bad...um...just don't look closely...I said don't look! haha. Still trying to figure out all the different ways to wear it. Yahoo! Another great tutorial by mywakingmemories.

No comments:

Post a Comment