Continuing with the braided theme...I made some belts as well! Look familiar? Totally inspired by the American Apparel fine jersey braided belt (as seen below) but for a fraction of the cost!
All you need is an old t-shirt, some scissors...the rest is easy as pie....mmmm.
Quick mini tutorial:
- Find an old large sized seamless t-shirt. The wider it is, the longer your belt will be.
- Cut the hem off the bottom of the shirt.
- Cut three 3/4 inch strips along the width of the t shirt. ie. from armpit to armpit.
- Gently tug on the strips to stretch them out, they will naturally curl.
- Cut the strips so that you have three long pieces instead of loops.
- Tie a knot at one end of the strips and anchor it with something heavy.
- Braid down the length of the fabric and secure the ends with another knot.
- TA DA! Enjoy your new recycled t shirt braided belt!